Succeeding in getting ranked for target keyword phrases on Google and other search engines can be a very good thing. Getting ranked can help you get found by people who could become customers. And getting ranked organically can help you lower your total cost of marketing and customer acquisition because you won’t have to pay for each visitor’s arrival. There are many facets to search engine optimization. At the heart of successful search engine optimisation (SEO) is your website content.
SEO writing enables you to get noticed as being highly relevant to certain words and phrases. That relevancy will lead to people who search for those phrases finding your website as a highly relevant (or most relevant) result. Their click can lead them to a targeted page where you can begin to develop a relationship with them.
SEO marketing strategies include a variety of aspects including: great design, great content, keyword richness, lead generation, and conversion optimization strategies. Achieving goals in all of those areas on every single page of your website isn’t a simple task but good web content can help you attract the right traffic, attain the right rankings, and can help you also convert the visitors into prospects and customers.
SEO Marketing Writing Tips:
- Don’t keyword stuff your web content. This will hurt the quality of the page more than it will help. A good approach is to get phrases in with a variety of techniques that don’t make it too obvious to the reader. The content has to read naturally and provide value.
- Link. Link from within content to other places. Authority links can help (make sure you set the link so it opens in a new window and doesn’t totally take your reader away from your page before you get a chance to work on closing the deal) with SEO and with credibility and make sure that you also link within your site to carefully walk readers through a sales process. When linking within your site, this is a good opportunity to use keyword phrases in anchor text and increase your keyword density.
- Twist your keyword phrases around. If you’re writing a phrase with three or four words also find places to mix the order of the words in the phrase around, too. You can leverage subheadings and punctuation to make this work. Drop or add in some prepositions to help you.
- Work in secondary and tertiary phrases as well. Latent semantic indexing is something to take into account when doing your keyword research. If search engines also measure relevancy within each page, a few peppered phrases related to your niche can give your page a higher score.
- Aim for quality first. Make quality a priority over keyword density. The page is only going to be truly effective if the reader can extract value from it. If it’s just fodder for search engines, it won’t do much for reader experience. All the traffic in the world isn’t going to help if you can’t convert any readers into prospects or customers. Try walking in your potential customers’ footsteps to see what sort of experience they will get on your site.
- Add bookmarklets to your content pages so visitors can easily share with others. Social media can be like rocket fuel your SEO marketing efforts.
- Post often. A blog is a great way to do this. The more often you post high quality content, the more opportunities you will have to attract new rankings, to solidify the rankings you’ve already achieved, and to bring in new visitors.
- Remember that every page on your site could be a visitor landing page. Not everyone will enter via your ultra-optimized home page so take each page and optimize it for reader experience and to give it the potential to generate leads and /or sales.
- Take advantage of off page SEO as well as on page SEO. Guest blogging, press releases, syndicated articles, and Web 2.0 pages can also help you with your SEO.
- Read your website analytics regularly to see which of your efforts are paying off. Know what you’re ranking for. Know what you’re gaining ground on, and be aware of which areas you’re slipping in. Being on top of your traffic reports can help you continually improve your rankings and your conversion rate.
Need help with SEO writing? I’m an experienced writer and blogger who helps my clients achieve online success. I blend search engine optimization and marketing techniques to help you publish great content that gets results. Contact me.