Dental offices, like any other business, need an effective online marketing strategy to help them continually appeal to new potential patients, to help them continually connect with existing patients, to leverage the power of social networking, and to ensure that they manage their online reputation. There are many ways to do this.
Whether you have an aggressive online marketing strategy in mind or want to start working on internet marketing to see what sorts of fruits your efforts can bear, here are some tips:
- Learn the basics of dental office SEO. Have you claimed your business on Google Places so that you can be sure you show up in search engine results / on maps?
- Read your website traffic reports. They will tell you how you are doing. They will uncover opportunities. Read them and then action them regularly.
- Content marketing matters. You can’t simply put up a website and leave it to work for you. Continual additions to your website content and your off-page content marketing efforts are what will bring your site new and relevant traffic via rankings. Google looks at freshness when determining how to rank the pages on your site as one of the factors. An informative and regularly updated dental blog, off-site articles with links pointing to your dental website, and other content such as press releases can all help you in this regard.
- Content matters. Make sure your website content is unique, well-optimized, and informative. Duplicate content will hurt your traffic rankings.
- Competitive Analysis. Do you know who your biggest competitors are online? Do you know why they’re doing well? Do you see where you could fill a gap that they are not filling?
- Conversion matters, too. It’s not enough to simply attract website traffic, you need to convert them as well. Conversion rate optimization will impact how your site ranks with Google and other search engines.
- Social networking helps, too. An ongoing social networking strategy can bring in new patients, gives your content reach when your followers interact, alerting their followers, and it helps you continually re-connect with existing patients as well .
- Your internet marketing / content marketing strategy should be fluid, based on continually measuring for success and opportunities for improvement. This can happen through a combination of paid search, social networking, search engine optimization, content marketing, and other efforts.