- It can improve your website traffic,
- It can help you build your online reputation,
- It can help you generate profit.
And the greatest thing about great web content writing is that it can do these things for you repeatedly. You pay a writer to write it once but it can pay you time and time again.
That last line bears repeating:
You pay a writer to write it once but it can pay you time and time again.
Investing in hiring a writer can be a smart business decision! Hiring the right writer makes a difference.
Here are 5 qualities of effective web writers:
- They ask you questions. How can someone write for you when they don’t know what your goals are? A good web writer will ask questions that will help them understand what you want. They’ll also be open to feedback if their first draft doesn’t meet your needs.
- They understand how the web works. This means they know they need to walk the fine line of writing for search engines and for human audiences. Web writing needs to fulfill multiple needs and not all writers have the ability to get the needed flow in their writing. It needs to feed robots and it needs to feed people. Web content needs to do multiple things, such as: attract organic traffic via SEO, help you rank for desired words and phrases, pique interest of readers to get them to want to read the piece, and convert readers to hot leads or to customers via getting readers to follow your desired call to action.
- Skilled writers work to understand your audience. A good writer will try to figure out what your target audience wants so that they can write in a way that engages the reader. Not every reader will turn into a customer but the right approach will have a decent conversion rate. Even if your desired audience is the search engine spiders, people could read that content and use it to make a buying decision that benefits you.
- Experienced and successful writers also strive to help your product or service stand out. Whether that’s through competitive analysis, illustrating a value proposition, or via creative wordsmithing, a good writer knows that you’ve got competition and that your prospects will probably look at a few options before they buy. For this reason, the writer will work to help you position your offering so that it oozes with more value than the other guys.
- A great web writer can write a blog post that informs audiences but that also benefits the site at the same time Web writing should be a combo of web copy and SEO writing but it needs to be subtle. Being able to be informative without being too salesy does provide value to readers. Perceived value can translate into bringing that visitor a step closer to buying in the sales process. Need help with web content writing? Contact me.